Monday, January 16, 2012

The Colors of the Year 2012

I've only recently become aware that Pantone,  a renowned authority on color, announces its annual color of the year in the early fall.  Just recently announced, the  2012 color of the year, Tangerine Tango, is a truly bright and vibrant shade of orange, ready to re-energize you.

Pantone's 2012 Color of the Year!
And, then, last week, I read that Benjamin Moore, my favorite maker of paint, announced its 2012 Color of the Year, Wythe Blue, a soothing medium blue.  It's grouped in Benjamin Moore's  Earth & Sky Color Trends to assist you in creating a perfect relaxing color palette!

Benjmain Moore's Earth & Sky Color Trend Includes Wythe Blue
Of course, it's easy to find ways to use both of the colors around your home.  Throw pillows are a great (and affordable) way to give your home a color boost!



Another fun way to add the 2012 Color of the Year to your life would be to include it in your landscaping plans this spring...I'm thinking a little Tangerine Tango in the garden:



What about knitting with these beautiful colors of the year?  I found a few skeins in my stash which are close.



Since I'm trying to use yarn that I already own instead of rushing out to buy new yarn, I'll stick with these shades when trying out the 2012 colors.  Show here:  MadelineTosh Merino Light in Magnolia Leaf, MadelineTosh Vintage in Saffron, Pagewood Farm in Mississippi Mud, The Loopy Ewe Solid Series in Serenity Green, Madeline Tosh Sock in Mica and Royal Alpaca in #708.  

So, what do you think of the 2012 Colors of the Year?!!

2 comments:

pinkundine said...

I love both of them (but then I am a big fan of orange anyway!)

Love the yarns you have selected for the colours, and they go beautifully together

Sk8rknitr said...

I painted a room Wythe Blue almost two years ago. Does that make me a trendsetter? Love the color, has a lot of green in it.