Sunday, December 18, 2011

Nutcracker Knitalong Update!

The Nutcracker performances are over and I'm still knitting gifts!!!  How's everyone fairing with their Holiday Gift Knitting?  Mine is coming along although I might not finish everything quite on time...That's what the 12 days of Christmas are for, right?

I've finished a few Irish Hiking Beanies...might have to try a few more since they are a superfast knit and I need a few "boy presents".  I've also got a stockpile of mittens and shawls in my knitting drawer to share with family members.

Right now, I am working on a Raha Scarf by Nancy Bush.  The pattern is in Knitted Lace of Estonia by Nancy Bush which would make a lovely gift for any knitter on your gift list.  This scarf is about 50% complete.  I'm using The Sanguine Gryphon Skinny Bugga Yarn in Starry NightCracker.



Raha Scarf


I've also completed a few Noro Striped Scarves. What an easy knit! Here's one that I've completed. I love the way the colorways worked out. I used two different Noro Silk Garden colorways; one with primarily brown/gray tones and the other with pink/blue/green shades.



KCMomof2 shared her knitted Christmas Tree Skirt.  Wow! I love this pattern and have added it to my queue:

Snowball Tree Skirt
So, what knitting gift projects have you completed?  Share here!



No comments: