Friday, November 25, 2011

Nutcracker Knitalong

I can hardly believe that it's that time of year again! The Nutcracker is upon us! As you all know, my 14 year old daughter takes a LOT of ballet and dance classes and is cast in her ballet company's annual Nutcracker performance.  It's her 8th year performing and this year she is a Maid, Small Fairy, and is in Snow and Chinese.  That's a LOT of rehearsals and performances!  Sunday November 27th marks the beginning of the Eight Magical Days of the Nutcracker at our house.  What's that, you wonder?  Starting next Sunday, there are in-studio rehearsals and tech rehearsals and dress rehearsals at the theater all culminating in the performances on December 2, 3 and 4th.  I can't wait to see my daughter as a Small Fairy..the little girls are first cast as angels and they dance with the Small Fairies and so it is very exciting to get to this, uh, pointe.  And Snow...my favorite part of the Nutcracker! I. cannot...wait...until...the...performances! I'll be at all four! But first, lots and lots of hours at the theater and studio for rehearsals so I will have lots and lots of holiday knitting with me.

And that is what the Nutcracker Knitalong is all about! Just share here what you have been knitting for holiday gift giving.  A little Nutty inspiration to share!  Tweet me your pictures so I can add to blog updates. The Nutcracker Knitalong will run from Sunday November 27th through December 31st.  Enough time to get started and, hopefully, enough time to finish!

So get cracking on all those knitty gifts!  (sorry I loves me a bad pun!)

1 comment:

KCmomof2 said...

I am in the same boat but my daughter is a gymnast and not a ballerina. We have our first meet on the season on 12/3 so we are practicing 10 hours a week instead of our normal 6 hours. Lots and lots of knitting. I am working on several cabled headband and fingerless glove sets for Christmas gifts. Finished knitting our Christmas Tree skirt which took two full months.