Wednesday, August 31, 2011

I Couldn't Resist

Kirsten Kapur has some of the prettiest designs on Ravelry.  One of my current favorites is Cladonia.  I think I'll knit it as part of the Small Knits Knitalong (SKKAL on Twitter) that Rachellynnec on Twitter is hosting.  Yes, another knitalong, but, really, who could resist knitting such a pretty shawl!


Cladonia by Kirsten Kapur on Ravelry
Knit from the top down, it has a large stockinette section and a comparitively smallish lace section.  Perfect for sitting in carpool (the stockinette section) and night-time knitting (the lace section).  I found this beautiful yarn at The Loopy Ewe:



 

It's Alpaca with a Twist Baby Twist in Natural and Seasprite. It is amazingly soft! 100% Alpaca, DK weight. Hand wash and dry flat. Each skein is approximately 245 grams and 549 yards, so I am hoping to make two shawls from this beautiful yarn! 


I love knitting with this yarn!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So pretty. I can see why you could't resist it. :-)

pinkundine said...

Those colours look amazing together :)

Also, my word verification is skeins - how cool is that?!

Anonymous said...

oh, how I love this pattern. your color combination is going to be so pretty!!

Susie said...

I can't wait to see this finished!

Catherine said...

What absolutely beautiful colours, I love alpaca (and that pattern too)